Wednesday 5 August 2009

Use keywords in your blog URL

Today I have moved my blog to this new, more appropriate web address. It was previously at jennybloggs.blogspot.com. The title is now relevant to what my blog is all about at http://www.makemoneybywriting.blogspot.com/ so, in theory it is more likely to draw traffic - yeah right! One can dream. You know they say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness - I wonder if that applies to blogging to one's self too!
Seriously though I have read that having keywords in the title of your blog or website makes it more search engine friendly and therefore is vital for generating traffic.
I am continuing with my Benson Blogs on the Articleincome site. The site - or at least my articles don't seem to get much traffic, just a trickle so I can't see the ads next to them getting much attention. Still, early days yet and as I previously mentioned the key there is finding a topic that will prove popular. I notice too that there are some similar sites that allow you to submit other formats such as video or sound files. I read about this one guy who travelled the world and filmed himself in front of well known landmarks doing a silly dance. He got loads of followers from it and eventually managed to fund his travels that way. Superb idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment